So many of you have asked for it. You’ve said real food is too difficult without it. So, as promised, it is finally here! A menu plan, and it’s free.
- A low-cook Sunday to give you a break or a chance to prepare for the busy week ahead.
- A variety of lean proteins, 100% whole grains and fresh produce. See About and the Challenges for more information on what does or doesn’t count as real food.
- Makes use of leftovers.
- Recipes for 2 adults and 2 kids. Make a little extra and save yourself cooking a future meal.
Speaking of preparing ahead:
- Items that can be made ahead and frozen include egg muffins, pancakes, banana muffins, spaghetti sauce, pizza dough and chicken stock. Make a double batch or just a little extra and freeze to use another time. These can also be made ahead and refrigerated for this week.
- Items that can be made ahead and refrigerated include tuna salad, egg salad, hummus, rice and chopped vegetables. Do this on a day that’s not so busy, if you have one of those. 🙂
- Remember to take your meat out of the freezer in time for it to thaw. This is mostly a reminder to myself. 🙂
If you still find this to be an overwhelming task:
- Choose one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner from the menu and make those this week. Doesn’t even have to be all on the same day.
- Limit options by cooking more of an item on the menu so that it will last for 2-3 meals. You will still be eating real healthy food, just with less variety for now.
- Don’t forget a few grab and go real food snacks like fresh fruit and vegetables, popcorn with a small amount of real butter or only sea salt, some of those extra yummy muffins or granola, cheese and 100% whole grain crackers, mixed nuts and dried fruit, real fruit leather strips or Larabar.
Any step in the right direction is progress. Make a little progress but don’t defeat yourself.
I really hope to hear from you on how this works out for you. I plan to post a couple of menu plans each season and want them to be helpful for everyone so that all my readers can eat real healthy food. Or give those already eating mostly real food a few new ideas.
This post shared at:
Heather – for some reason Linky Tools won’t let me edit your blog hop entry, but if you would like to resubmit the correct entry, I know I can delete entries and remove the one that’s out of date.